Sunday 23 March 2008

Tattoos

Tattoos have a history going back 5ooo years. they can be seen in the history of every culture around the world. There were for many reasons, tribal, a representation of there status and sometimes it was purely decorative.

This is a picture of a Hawaiian female hula dancer. Tradition Hawaiian tattoo art was known as 'kakau'. They were sometimes done to guard peoples health as well as decorative reasons.There are many examples of tattoos dating back thousands of years all over the world. Its not a new trend, its just become more popular. Even though your less likely to see tattoos nowadays for any other reason then decorative. Its no difference to why many peoples wore tattoos when they first started.I don't have any tattoos myself. Only because I couldn't pull them off. Also I would probably pick something really stupid as well that I would regret later on. Many people can get tattoos they might regret. My friend has a tattoo saying mum on his bum. That could be something he might regret. But really there's nothing wrong with tattoos. As long as you go somewhere that's licenced then I cant see the problem.

Below is a link to website with the history of tattoos from around the world.

No comments: